Donations

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Linus whats the hype?

Allot of people by a computer and run the operating system that come with it. But there are other options out there and some are free and easy to use. Linux Ubuntu is one of them. I have an older computer that was designed to run XP and I wanted to do something different so I loaded Ubuntu on it to give it a try.I found it was a big improvement over the version of Red Hat I tried so many years ago. It was easy to install ran real smooth and detected and installed all the right drivers for the computer. Installing application was as easy as looking through an app store like interface and install the apps you want for free. so if you have an older computer and are at least a little computer savvy give Ubuntu at try down load it at www.umbutu.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I am running xp on my 4 year old homemade desktop. I am interested in changing the OS soon, but am not very computer savvy and have existing programs that are only compatible with xp. I appreciate what you have to say about umbutu but am not sure if it is the system for me. Can you help me better understand what it's like??? Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. first let me say if you have programs that only run in XP I would advise you continue to use it. You can download a version that you can install and run from a USB drive or DVD at http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download this will allow you to give it a test drive without actually installing on your computer. good luck and enjoy

    ReplyDelete